Friday, August 4, 2017

And if you should play the Fiddle...

I see that a new follower has joined. A young fiddler with a good ear and 8 years of experience. I met her at the California Coast Music camp and she took Daniel Ward's Ukulele Arpeggios class with a standard gCEA ukulele. A brave musical student. 

The class was excellent and will be the focus of a future blog post. It was for standard gCEA tuning but there were some low g-strings and I used a capo to keep in tune with the other ukuleles.

I would like you to know that there are many Old Time and Celtic simple melodies in standard musical notation which can be found in the tabs at the top of the blog named "Bari Pickin;" and "Celtic Melodies." Also another treat for fiddlers and old time music fans is that if you click on the "Bari Pickin'" you will find some FIDDLE VIDEOS that are exceptional next to some of the tunes.

Thanks for joining in LB.

I would also recommend checking out Ukulele Hunt or Ukulele Underground for future standard GCEA ukulele. They are both outstanding sites. I would also recommend checking out a young and talented ukulele player that I have posted here on Humble Baritonics and on The Bad-Ass Baritone Ukulele. She goes by "Stuff by Jas" on Youtube and I have a selection of her videos here.

One last thing, another favorite of mine is Richard G's Ukulele Song Book. Richard is from Australia and he once visited my house in California. I use his song book regularly. Although it is mostly filled with stuff LB's parents (or maybe grandparents) will like. There are some Beatles that you learned from camp too! (Each song page also has a recommended video link and there are over 1,300 songs.)

No comments:

Post a Comment